To Spleen or not to Spleen

Hello Sexy,

I am not sure if you recall answering a few questions for me sometime ago. I have Chronic ITP and my Dr. suggested we remove my spleen. Well I still have my spleen I yeilded for treatment until while I can. I have a couple more questions for you. I have moved from Chicago to wonderful Indiana in the middle of no where about two hours from Chicago. I can not find a Dr. who will treat me. When I get to the HIV issue they all simple try to push me off to another Dr. No big Deal I would prefer to have a Dr. who is not fearful or one who would not be second guessing what they are telling me. How can I find a HIV Dr. in my area. I have tried calling every group I can think of but none of them know of anyone.

Second Question - I am getting Dark round marks on my feet and ankles. They are about 1/5 of a Dime in size. Around my waist and across my face it looks as if I have a slight sunburn yet I have not been to beach seeing there is a foot of snow here. Any thoughts as to what this might be. The sunburn rash has been coming and going for about a month now. One day it will be bad and the next it looks as if it is going away. Stupid as that might sound. One last thing How is that pasta Sauce, I still am going to take you up on the offer to lick your spoon.

You are the best and WOOT We LOVE YA!!!

Spleen Boy

P.S. Tell Thebody.com to get a spell program added into the site for poor dumb people like myself who can not spell.

Hi Spleen Boy!

Indiana??? OMG! What happened did you get on the wrong bus or something? Well if you're stuck out in the back of beyond, the best way to find an HIV specialist would be to check the American Academy of HIV Medicine Web site, www.aahivm.org. They have a certified HIV specialist referral list that can be sorted by location.

Next, rashes are almost impossible to diagnose without actually seeing them. With your chronic ITP, of course, bruising due to leaky capillaries would have to be considered. If bothersome, a dermatologist even one who works in Hicksville should be able to help.

Finally, the pasta sauce is continuing to simmer nicely and my spoon always remains lickable.

Stay well, Spleen-Boy,

Fatigue...and then some
help