HIV and Love

Hi Doctor Frascino

I had an unprotected encounter with a woman about 7-8 years ago. I was definately afraid but I figured after 7-8 years I was ok. Yes, stupid. I was too afraid to get tested for fear of knowing. She was known to get around, hence my fear. I always used a condom after that but never got tested. Of course I had the flu like symptoms, rash but itchy swollen lymphs, cramps, yada, yada, yada. Recently I fell in love with a beautiful woman and we always talk about being together. She has a 5 year old daughter and couldn't take that risk. If I truly loved her I would take the test and not put her at risk. So on Monday December 27th 2004 I tested for the virus. I wanted to know as soon as possible. She promised to stay with me and work things out even if I tested positive. I was truly lucky indeed. The test came back negative and I havent had a sexual encounter since February. So I am HIV free. Your site and my beautiful girlfriend offered me support when I needed it most. Reading about the 1 in 500 risk was comforting but also your words of inspiration kept my fears in check. I would also like everyone who is reading this to get tested and keep your peace of mind. Thanks for your help and good work

Let's hope your story will save others from "7-8 years" of fear! Thanks for sharing your story. Congratulations on your negative status! WOO-HOO. What a wonderful way to start the New Year! Best of luck to you and your new relationship!

Happy Holidays.

At what point should mild anemia be treated
Muscle aches - HIV induced???