Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV and Love
Dec 30, 2004

Hi Doctor Frascino

I had an unprotected encounter with a woman about 7-8 years ago. I was definately afraid but I figured after 7-8 years I was ok. Yes, stupid. I was too afraid to get tested for fear of knowing. She was known to get around, hence my fear. I always used a condom after that but never got tested. Of course I had the flu like symptoms, rash but itchy swollen lymphs, cramps, yada, yada, yada. Recently I fell in love with a beautiful woman and we always talk about being together. She has a 5 year old daughter and couldn't take that risk. If I truly loved her I would take the test and not put her at risk. So on Monday December 27th 2004 I tested for the virus. I wanted to know as soon as possible. She promised to stay with me and work things out even if I tested positive. I was truly lucky indeed. The test came back negative and I havent had a sexual encounter since February. So I am HIV free. Your site and my beautiful girlfriend offered me support when I needed it most. Reading about the 1 in 500 risk was comforting but also your words of inspiration kept my fears in check. I would also like everyone who is reading this to get tested and keep your peace of mind. Thanks for your help and good work

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Let's hope your story will save others from "7-8 years" of fear! Thanks for sharing your story. Congratulations on your negative status! WOO-HOO. What a wonderful way to start the New Year! Best of luck to you and your new relationship!

Happy Holidays.

Dr. Bob

Previous
At what point should mild anemia be treated
Next
Muscle aches - HIV induced???

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.