Procrit

He Dr. Bob,

Haven't been here for a while as all has been going well since you helped straighten out my last mess.... thanks again for that. My new HIV doc is working out well. OK here's the quick question. I'm apparently anemic and my doc wants to use Procrit. Are you still a fan of this drug? How long does it take to work? Will I have my energy back by Xmas -- or at least by Sydney's Gay Mardi Gras? If I remember what you said in your lecture Procrit is fairly safe -- right? ... and not too bad on side effects? Have you used it alot over the years? Finally, when you coming back to OZ... we miss you down here . OK mate, have a stellar Xmas.

The Boy from OZ

Hi Boy from OZ,

Yes, I'm still a fan of both Procrit and the land Downunder (as well as its spunky inhabitants!) On average, Procrit can take six to eight weeks to work. Yes, it's self-injected and has an excellent safety profile with minimal side effects. Yes, I've had excellent luck using Procrit for HIV-related anemia many times over the years. I definitely say it's worth a try.

So you may need to keep a low profile for Xmas as the Procrit will not have had a chance to kick in yet. But I'll bet you'll be bumping and grinding to old Kyle and Madonna re-mixes with the best of Bondi's lifesavers by the time Mardi Gras rolls along. There's a good chance I'll be there as well so save the last dance for me OK?

Santa and Sydney's Mardi Gras both rock,

G'day mate.

trizivir.....euwwwwwww
At what point should mild anemia be treated