Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Procrit
Dec 24, 2004

He Dr. Bob,

Haven't been here for a while as all has been going well since you helped straighten out my last mess.... thanks again for that. My new HIV doc is working out well. OK here's the quick question. I'm apparently anemic and my doc wants to use Procrit. Are you still a fan of this drug? How long does it take to work? Will I have my energy back by Xmas -- or at least by Sydney's Gay Mardi Gras? If I remember what you said in your lecture Procrit is fairly safe -- right? ... and not too bad on side effects? Have you used it alot over the years? Finally, when you coming back to OZ... we miss you down here . OK mate, have a stellar Xmas.

The Boy from OZ

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Boy from OZ,

Yes, I'm still a fan of both Procrit and the land Downunder (as well as its spunky inhabitants!) On average, Procrit can take six to eight weeks to work. Yes, it's self-injected and has an excellent safety profile with minimal side effects. Yes, I've had excellent luck using Procrit for HIV-related anemia many times over the years. I definitely say it's worth a try.

So you may need to keep a low profile for Xmas as the Procrit will not have had a chance to kick in yet. But I'll bet you'll be bumping and grinding to old Kyle and Madonna re-mixes with the best of Bondi's lifesavers by the time Mardi Gras rolls along. There's a good chance I'll be there as well so save the last dance for me OK?

Santa and Sydney's Mardi Gras both rock,

G'day mate.

Dr. Bob

Previous
trizivir.....euwwwwwww
Next
At what point should mild anemia be treated

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.