Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

From an old old old friend
Dec 19, 2004

Do you know Dr Bob, 2 years ago now you helped me out with a problem when I was probably at the lowest point in my life. Things aint so great now but one thing I carry with me to this day is a sense of perspective and through the daily slog that we call life, it is an invaluable tool. On the surface that probably doesn't make much sense, but read between the lines and i'm sure you know what I mean.

I really am a typical Brit - cold and unememotional, but I have to say that you must do something quite 'magical' because why else have I suddenly felt the need to post this message to you 2 years on. Take it easy my friend, you've made one hell of a difference to my life, and I am certain i'm not the only one.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Old, Old, Old Friend,

Just how "old" are you anyway? No matter, I'm delighted (and flattered) to have received your post! I think the image of Brits being cold and unemotional is a myth. I know lots of Brits who are hot, hot, hot and can emote explosively!

Me "magical???" No, not really. But I have been told I have impressive wand technique!

Actually I never view life as a "daily slog," but rather as a marvelous series of unscheduled events! Yes, that means our lives may not work out exactly as we planned. But then again, lives seldom do! Don't view daily life as a "slog," but rather as a magnificent opportunity to touch, taste, smell and feel! Enjoy the adventure, for it is all too brief and there is an infinite amount to experience, and that's what's truly "magical!"

I hope you'll write back in two years, advising your "slog" has evolved into a brilliant and enjoyable magical mystery tour!

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
WOO FREAKIN HOO!
Next
your answer can save my family

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.