Thank you for being there.

I just wanted to thank you for being there for me. A couple of months ago i had sex with a woman who i assumed was clean. She being only 19yrs i thought i was playing it safe. I later found her ppicture on a personals website saying she was HIV positive but she never told me anything. I confronted her about the situation and she assured me it was just a joke. I told her we both had to get tested right away because i wasnt buying her story. I was miserable, distraught, scared, shocked and depressed. All these emotions rushing to me like a flood. I felt i was alone and no one would understand me if i told them. Whats more they might look at me like a freak. I found this site of yours and got alot of comfort reading these articles that people post up. You are a great person for having this site and answering peoples questions and i thank you. When we got tested we both came out to be HIV negative. Just coming close to this has made me drastically change my life. I no longer think i am invincible and will damn sure be practicing safe sex from now on maybe even abstinence. Thanks again. Freddy

Hi Freddy,

Thanks for your thanks and for taking the time to write in. You dodged the bullet and learned a valuable lesson at the same time. We must all assume our sexual partners could be HIV-infected, and take the appropriate precautions to stay safe. Remember if you can't shield your rocket, leave it in your pocket!

Stay safe; stay well. Happy Holidays, Freddy.

Anemia, confusion and overall a sense of doubt
Importance of viral load info after high risk exposure and for prevention