SCULPTRA COST

Hello- I dont understand why not more people our outraged by the cost of Sculptra. I understand its approval was due in a large part due to the hiv community. I have been treated for several years with it and the results were great. Problem is i need another treatment and had been waiting for approval. when it was approved I called to make an appointment and was advised of the new cost. Shock!! They were suppose to have a patient assistance in place by end of oct. but they seem to be spinning their wheels. Do you have any new news to report! What used to cost me 750 dollars for 3 vials is now 1950.00. Hope someone can help all of us who need this on a regular basis but cant afford the new cost. Thanks-Justin

Hi Justin,

Actually there are plenty of folks concerned about the skyrocketing cost of many medications. The details of the patient-assistance program for Sculptra are indeed being worked out, but even with this assistance, Sculptra may still be out of the affordable range for many. We are working very hard to try to get insurance carriers to cover the cost of treatments as they do for other "reconstructive therapies." However, so far we haven't been very successful. Companies argue this is a cosmetic procedure. I've discussed this topic at length several times in this forum. You can review the archives to learn more about my view on why I feel Sculptra injections for HIV lipoatrophy should indeed qualify for reconstructive therapy. We'll need the help of HIV specialists, plastic surgeons administering Sculptra and HIV patients to help in this effort. Stay tuned and stay involved, Justin.

Need some info please
Anemia and t-cell acct. (Bob)