Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Its 30 below & I'm standing outside with nothing on....
Nov 18, 2004

Okay I'm not doing that YET, but I will if that's what it will take to get your attention. I NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE!!!! I've been checking the site every 2 minutes to see if you answered my question.

I had a negative test 3 and a half months after exposure. Taking Cold-Fx the whole time. COLD-fX contains concentrated immune-enhancing polysaccharides and oligosaccharides that boost the effects of human pathogen resistors such as natural killer cells, macrophages, cytokine and antibody producing cells. By increasing the function of these cells, your body can more effectively fend off a variety of viral invasions. It can boost the effects of human pathogen resistors, such as natural killer cells, macrophages, cytokines and antibody producing cells. Would this have the same effect on my hiv result? The lady at the STD clinic said probably not, but I need to know FOR SURE. PLEASE TELL ME...should I retest or not? I won't be able to sleep until I know. PLEASE!!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Standing outside naked and it's 30 below??? Dude, do you know what that does to the size of your tallywacker? Take a look! Where's the beef, indeed! And your golden nuggets have probably retreated so far that they are now located right next to your tonsils. So get indoors before your Sergeant Ryan and his privates go AWOL.

"Cold-Fx" will not affect HIV test results, ability of the body to make anti-HIV antibodies or the duration of the window period. To tell you the truth, I'm not even convinced Cold-Fx really has much effect on treating or reducing colds and flu either. It's a ginseng extract-based product that's had a bit of hype lately due to a study the company paid a university to conduct. The results have not, to my knowledge, been independently reviewed by major medical journals or researchers who do not have a vested interest in the product. That's always a red flag in my book I know some hockey league teams are using the product and Don Cherry, the hockey commentator, has been hired to promote the product and company making it, but there is a world of difference between marketing and true science. So . . . for now, I'd say claims of a "breakthrough" in fighting colds/flues may be a bit premature. Time will tell, but at any rate, as far as HIV testing is concerned, no worries, OK? WOO-HOO, eh?!!!

Thanks for your very generous donation! Please accept my heartfelt thanks on behalf of those whose lives with be touched by your compassion.

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
worried Med student
Next
You've gotta be kidding?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.