chronic fatigue

Since over a year i take daily KALETRA, EPIVIR AND VIRAMUNE. After about two months, i felt so tired but my blood results are fine, 414 CD4, viral load lower then 50 so my doctor says everyhting is ok but i do NOT feel ok. Now i read an article about vitamines who could help against fatigue at http://integrativehealthconsulting.com. The prices are very high, i could pay them but before i order them, can you tell maybe that it is worth it because i don't have too much money to waste money but i would to do everything to feel better. The price of the vitamines are 129.50U$ for one month. What your opinion about it??? THANK YOU SO MUCH AND BYE FROM BELGIUM. Take care , Patrice (please do not put my email in your list, i like my privacy, thanks!!!!)

Hi Patrice from Belgium,

HIV-related fatigue is incredibly common and often multifactorial in nature, which means there is often more than one thing happening simultaneously contributing to your fatigue. Fatigue is not a disease, but rather a symptom of disease. There are numerous possible causes of HIV-related fatigue, including:

1. inappropriate attention to basic human requirements, such as rest, sleep, diet and exercise

2. psychological causes anxiety, depression and/or stress

3. medication side effects or toxicities

4. unrecognized infection

5. hormonal imbalances hypogonadism, adrenal insufficiency, hypothyroidism

6. anemia

Should you spend $129.50 for a one-month's supply of vitamins to fight fatigue? No, I would not advise that. Rather, what you need to do is determine the underlying cause or causes of your fatigue. Once that is accomplished, specific treatment can be prescribed to treat the underlying cause or causes of your fatigue. Trying to treat a symptom rather than specifically identifying and treating an underlying cause is the wrong way to approach the problem.

So your next step is to see your HIV specialist to discuss your fatigue and begin an evaluation to determine its cause. It may well take several visits and some collaborative detective work to figure it all out. But it's definitely worth the effort.

To sum up, if your "ass-draggin'" you need to get to the "bottom" of your problem before you can start to kick butt again. OK?

Sculptra inquiry
I am so tired!!!