Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thanks Bob.
Nov 10, 2004

Hey Bob

Just wanted to extend some warm thanks for the work on the forum.

My mother recently became involved with an HIV postive man, which was great, he was a nice guy and he was 100% into playing safe (when it comes to HIV all bets are off, I had to leave the embarrasment about talking to my own mother about sex aside and talk about it)

However, while he was safe, some things my own mother said frightened the bejesus out of me, for example, "doesn't matter if I get it, I will just take a few pills a day" as an example, but you can imagine some other false assumptions about HIV and how it is spread.

Worried that this may lead to him dropping his guard as she was prepared to take risks, I turned to using your expert answers and advice to dispel some ignorance and provide some facts and that it is still a dangerous condition and that it still needs to be respected.

Bob, I need to thank you for answering even those crackpot questions, even where they have taken some mean spirited swipes at you. Those sorts of beliefs still exist and your rational and logic in explaining the fallacy of them prevented at least one new infection, My mother's.

Donation? it's the least we can do for you for giving so much to us who use your advice. (just I'll need bit of time to make a decent one!!)

Don't worry too much about Bush, either. You've done so much in the last four years that you'll be unstoppable in the coming four in spite of him!!!

thanks Bob, all the best for the future.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Thank you for your inspiring words and comments. I'm delighted you found the information here useful and I'm even more delighted you were able to share the information with your mom. If my work here prevents even a single HIV infection, I'll know it was time and effort well spent.

Give your mom and her boyfriend a hug from me and save a big one for yourself too. I'm so very proud of you!

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
THANKS FOR SETTING ME STRAIGHT :)
Next
Nursing Student ?? Exposure

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.