Thanks Bob.

Hey Bob

Just wanted to extend some warm thanks for the work on the forum.

My mother recently became involved with an HIV postive man, which was great, he was a nice guy and he was 100% into playing safe (when it comes to HIV all bets are off, I had to leave the embarrasment about talking to my own mother about sex aside and talk about it)

However, while he was safe, some things my own mother said frightened the bejesus out of me, for example, "doesn't matter if I get it, I will just take a few pills a day" as an example, but you can imagine some other false assumptions about HIV and how it is spread.

Worried that this may lead to him dropping his guard as she was prepared to take risks, I turned to using your expert answers and advice to dispel some ignorance and provide some facts and that it is still a dangerous condition and that it still needs to be respected.

Bob, I need to thank you for answering even those crackpot questions, even where they have taken some mean spirited swipes at you. Those sorts of beliefs still exist and your rational and logic in explaining the fallacy of them prevented at least one new infection, My mother's.

Donation? it's the least we can do for you for giving so much to us who use your advice. (just I'll need bit of time to make a decent one!!)

Don't worry too much about Bush, either. You've done so much in the last four years that you'll be unstoppable in the coming four in spite of him!!!

thanks Bob, all the best for the future.

Thank you for your inspiring words and comments. I'm delighted you found the information here useful and I'm even more delighted you were able to share the information with your mom. If my work here prevents even a single HIV infection, I'll know it was time and effort well spent.

Give your mom and her boyfriend a hug from me and save a big one for yourself too. I'm so very proud of you!

Stay well.

THANKS FOR SETTING ME STRAIGHT :)
Nursing Student ?? Exposure