HIV & TESTS

I tested negative to HIV in 2002. Sept 8, 2004 I tested positive through a home testing kitand also from a private clinic. I took the result to my doctor. He took my blood and tested me for Hepatitis A,b, & C, and also did a RPR test. All but Hep.-A came back negative. The doctor then called me and told me that my CD4 was 150, and viral load very high, and that I've had the disease for long time. He put me on medication. When my bill came, only the Hepatitis and RPR test were shown. Two weeks later, he called me to test my liver and kidney, which all came back negative again. I feel very well, no symptoms at all. My question is how did the doctor know my CD4 count and VL just from doing the stated tests? Is it possible to test negative two years ago, and now positive in two years with such CD4 counts? What should I do? He has not even told me to come in again to do other tests? What is gion on

I think you need to pose these questions to your doctor. There is no way I can determine what tests were ordered or when. Something clearly is not adding up here. If indeed you are HIV positive, you need to seek the help of an HIV specialist. That specialist can request all your old records and should be able to resolve the mystery or elucidate the mistake. To find a qualified HIV specialist in your area, try the American Academy of HIV Medicine's Web site (www.aahivm.org). They have certified HIV specialists listed by locale.

Good luck. Write back and let us know the real story. And know that we're here if you do need our assistance.

lymphatic drainage therapy?
Chronic Fatigue