Balless in Ballville

I have been on Testosterone therapy in one form or another for at least 10 years-starting with the shots, then the patches, and currently the gel. I believe my numbers remain in the normal range as long as I continue supplimentation. I have always had an issue with "small balls" (I refuse to disclose my nick-name from camp, so don'even ask.) Are small balls the same as hypogonadysm? I wonder how much worse my supplementation has affected that, and if there is anything I can do to counter the effects,like Prevasi Noverel? I also have problems ejaculating and am unable to masterbate. I wonder as well if there is any relation between all of this- , how dangerous is inablility to ejaculate, (physically) and how can I get my balls to where I would like them to be so I can proudly walk around nude without a problem in the world other than my balls slapping my thighs. Thank you, Beleaguered Balless Basket babbler.

Hello Beleaguered Ball-less Basket Babbler,

Oh come on, now you've got all of us guessing! What was your nickname at camp??? We promise not to snicker, and we wouldn't tell a soul. Honest!

Hypogonadism may be associated with gonads (balls) the size of tic-tacs, but it's not exactly the same thing. Hypogonadism means your gonads (whatever size) are not producing as much testosterone as they should be. The treatment for this would be testosterone supplementation (shots, patches, gels, whatever). Testosterone is an essential male hormone. Consequently, keeping it in the normal range is indeed a good idea.

Testosterone supplementation (particularly taking excessively high doses or taking it when it isn't recommended) can lead to some shrink of "thigh slappers." Yes, some therapies can be tried to, as they scream in the dance clubs, "pump up the volume, pump up the volume!" however, I'm a bit concerned about your inability to masturbate and ejaculate. I would suggest you see an endocrinologist (hormone specialist) for an evaluation. He/she will also advise you about your testosterone supplementation and related concerns.

Good luck. And don't forget to write back with that camp nickname.

Dr Bobs NGO
lymphatic drainage therapy?