I am worried out of my brain!! Please help

Good Afternoon Dr Frascino,

Firstly I would like to congratulate you on your wonderful foundation and all of your hard work, you are a true star!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I am very worried at the moment. I think I might of just had a high risk exposure about 30 mins ago in a public tiolet, I feel quite embarrased actually in my self as I think it was a dirty, but the sexual urge was there, I need better will power!!!. I was at a train station in Sydney and went to the toilet as you know, and this guy came in and we kissed and I gave him unprotected oral sex and then he tried to give me unprotected anal sex but he did not go all of the way in, it was very hard without lubricant.

I had cum even before there was any real penetration...... This guy that I was with was also quite young (late 20's early 30's). I also noticed that he has no pre cum and no cuts on his penis, but I have a tiny tiny spot inside my bottom mouth. This encounter only lasted 5 mins. But when I went outside I rinsed my mouth out with water and I had to spit (sorry terrible habit) and noticed blood from my gum..... I am soooo worried, please tell me what I should do, I am freaking out???

First off, thanks for your kind comments.

Next, questions about possible HIV infection or transmission should be sent to me at the Safer Sex/HIV Prevention Forum, as this forum is dedicated to fatigue and anemia problems experienced by folks already confirmed to be HIV positive. Consequently, I'll only respond very briefly and refer you to the Safer Sex Forum for additional information, OK?

Your risk is unprotected oral sex (you don't mention if he spunked or not) and unsuccessful unprotected receptive anal sex ("did not go all the way in") without ejaculation with a young Aussie stud of unknown HIV status. Oral sex carries a low risk for HIV transmission, even if you "noticed blood from my gum." Unprotected receptive anal sex would carry a higher risk; however, your exposure appears to be minimal.

What should you do? I would suggest you:

1. Stop freaking out.

2. Get HIV tested in three months, realizing the odds are all in your favor for not having contracted HIV from this episode.

3. Realize that sex can be safe (or at least safer) no matter where you decide to pop your cork. Review the safer sex/HIV prevention information (in the archives of the expert forum) and be prepared for unanticipated adventures. As all frequent travelers know so well, unexpected "layovers" (so to speak) are often unavoidable.

Help
How About Clinicians for a Cure?