Mazel Tov Dr Bob & Dr Natterstad !

Mazel Tov Dr Bob & Dr Natterstad !

May your love for life, each other last an eternity. I hope that you decide to post this message. I hope Everyone who is reading will remember how we all look to people like Dr. Bob & Dr Natterstad in our time of need.

I have read most of the questions and your answers. You have an amazing sense of humour and that is probably one of the best method's you can use to make people feel better.

We should all follow this example of kindness and all the people like Dr Bob that are trying so hard to make a difference in our quality of life, devoting so much time and not asking for anything in return.

My life over the last three months has changed the way I look at life and what I value as important. I'm a 30yr old married male with a six month old beautiful girl from Toronto Canada. I'm also a 30 male that liked the local bath houses for the last ten years ( oral sex only ) It was only three months ago that I found out the oral sex is very low risk. After I found out I rushed to my family Dr and had the antibody test, waited the two weeks for the results and WHOOOOOO HOOOOOO they were negative. During my wait for the results and convincing myself that I was going to test positive I also learned that I did not wait the window period, three months.

I could not sleep, eat, or function. I was reading about symptoms and the next day those symptoms would just appear. I lost at least 5-7 pounds, and worst of all I was taking out on my frustrations and anxiety on my family. ( not physical )

My anxiety is still here and I'm currently talking to a counsellor about my problems, he is helping me get through the next month. When I get my re-test, and as everyone has told me, your test will be negative there is no need to panic. The Sanfrancisco City Clinic, ACT Toronto, Hassle Free Clinic Toronto, TheBody.Com, have all said that the odds are in my favour.

With so much respect for the people that are out there trying to make all of us feel better about our concerns with STD's, guilt for cheating on our wife's, husbands, boyfriends, girlfriends and not being honest with ourselves about our own sexuality, I decided that I want to feel better about myself. Not just from hearing that WHOOO HOOOO negative result, and then moving on with my life. This experience will always be a part of me.

I was doing some grocery shopping and as I was on my way to the car I see an elder woman who was having an extremely hard time pushing the shopping cart, as I watched people walk past her with a look of " oh my god get out of my way " I felt horrible and decided to help her to her car and load the parcels in the trunk for her. That felling was amazing.

So I decided to volunteer at the Food for Thought Outreach Program once a week. Again the feeling is amazing. I will continue to volunteer and hope I will make a small difference in someone's life.

My point is ( yes I do have a point ) if we can set aside our pride, our wants, and our obsession with material items for one minute, one hour, one day, to do something kind for someone else it will make a huge impact on your life. And the life of the person you help. Not all of us can afford to donate, but we have all seen that elder person who can use a helping hand, that person who needs to be told they are a good person. Maybe the world will be a better place. Maybe we can all feel like a Dr Bob for just one minute, one hour, one day.

I'm not a writer and I have rambled on long enough for everyone to get the message, I do hope to see this posted. It has taken me all day to figure out how to say this.

Good luck to everyone, and I wish you all lots of love.

Your friend Toronto...

Hello Friend in Toronto,

Your story warmed my heart. On behalf of little ol' ladies struggling with grocery carts everywhere and the folks who will be helped by your volunteer efforts at the outreach program, please accept my heartfelt appreciation.

Thank you also for taking the time to share your story and experience with us all. I remain convinced that whatever we give to others in need returns to us 1000 fold.

Stay well, Toronto-Guy! We'll all send you our very best karma that your three-month test will indeed be a WOO-HOO!!

First time mom in a panic
Not in the archives and yet no one will answer it!!!