|Is 1800 mg of Sustiva too much?
Sep 26, 2004
Is 1800 mg of Sustiva too much for one dose and is that dosage too much to be put into a peg tube at one time? I have a relative who is being fed liquid food through the peg with no water and all HIV meds, including Sustiva and he is getting worse and worse. Please help.
Response from Dr. Frascino
The recommended dosage of Sustiva is 600 mg orally once daily. Are you sure your relative is getting 1800 mg? If so, check with his HIV specialist immediately!
Valtrex for recurring outbreaks with comprimised immune system
epogen = neupogen?
- Is Anemia A Symptom Of Early HIV Infection?
- Sore Throat And Initial HIV Infection
- Tested Negative At Six Weeks And Positive At 12 Weeks
- How Long Does Hiv Stay In Your Body Before You Know You Have It?
- How Does And A Woman With Hiv Infect A Man That Is Not Infected?
- How Long Does It Take For The Hiv Virus To Show Up?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.