|Is 1800 mg of Sustiva too much?
Sep 26, 2004
Is 1800 mg of Sustiva too much for one dose and is that dosage too much to be put into a peg tube at one time? I have a relative who is being fed liquid food through the peg with no water and all HIV meds, including Sustiva and he is getting worse and worse. Please help.
Response from Dr. Frascino
The recommended dosage of Sustiva is 600 mg orally once daily. Are you sure your relative is getting 1800 mg? If so, check with his HIV specialist immediately!
Valtrex for recurring outbreaks with comprimised immune system
epogen = neupogen?
- Blood In Urine After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Catch Hepatitis From Oral Sex?
- Condom Causing Penis Irritation
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.