Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

>>> IM FREE DOC, FOR THE WW <<<
Sep 23, 2004

Hi Dr Bob,

I posted an email to you a few weeks ago regarding my low risk exposure and asked you for advice...

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Current/Q158586.html

Well i took you advice and got tested at 3 months for my own piece of mind and as you predicted i was actually negative!!! As i was worrying for 3 months i experienced sooo many symptoms it was unbelievable i was 100% sure i was positive. Im actually taking the time to write this post to actually share my story and to try and calm the fears of those folks who are in their window period and who are experiencing symptoms!

Well it all began with me meeting a girl at university, we dated the had sex on numerous occasions, i always used a condom, but one time we was having sex and due to me being tired i didnt ejaculate and my penis became soft and the condom became lose around my penis, when i finally pulled my penis out, i noticed that there was a fair amount of clear fluid inside the condom, maybe it was precum, but i was convinced it must be vaginal fluid. Anyways i cast my fears aside and thought no more of it. Two weeks had passed from this incident, and i was just sitting at home watching Queer eye for the straight guy, and i felt these slight pains in my neck and like my neck was swollen a little, but again i thought nothing and went to sleep. However the next day i felt TERRIBLE, i was soo ill, i went to my local GUM clinic where they tested me for everything (STD'S and HIV) all was Negative. This made me even surer that i was HIV Positive. These symptoms continued on and off for over two and a half months, The symptoms i experienced were:

Sore throat, Bad Headache every day, Muscle Aches, Coated Tongue, Dry Mouth, Eye Floaters, Skin Rashes, A spot on my foot which i thought was Karpi Sarcoma, Fatigue every day, Mild fever, Swollen Lymph nodes in Neck, Groin, and Under Arms, Dizziness, Forgetfulness, Sensitivity to bright light, itchy skin, Tinea versicola on my back and Stiff neck.

So it just goes to show that symptoms do not always mean they are related to HIV, no matter how similar they are to ARS. My symptoms were more than likely to be related to some sort of viral infection and anxiety but NOT HIV. When i was told that i was actually negative, i felt soo happy that i was thinking of renting a Batman costume and climbing on the balcony of Buckingham Palace and screaming WOOOHOOO.

Doc Bob you are a wonderful man and through my difficult time you was my lighthouse in a sea of uncertainty! If I ever do get the chance to take you on that date I promised you, i will certainly jump at the chance! i wish you many years of happiness and joy doc bob and i will be defiantly be visiting your forum regularly to read your informative comments!

Many thanks Doc Bob, Your Friend

HIV Phobe - UK

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi HIV Phobe-UK,

Hmmm, me out on a date with a straight guy dressed in a Batman costume screaming WOO-HOO with a British accent while watching Queer Eye for the Straight Guy??? I don't know . . . . Will I have to dress up like Robin? Hmmmm, on second thought that could be hot!!!

Congratulations UK-Guy!

Stay well!

Dr. Bob

Previous
MADE DONATION - FRANTIC - PITYRIASIS ROSEA - PLEASE HELP
Next
Is there such thing as immunity?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.