Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

You Are a Saint
Sep 11, 2004

Hi Dr. Frascino-

No need to respond, I just wanted to tell you that I think you are as nice of a person as there could possibly be. Wouldn't the Vatican love that "Saint" comment?! LOL

I have spent way too much time here, on and off about 14 hours a day, but it's because you are so assutring, knowledgable, compassionate, and damn funny!

I'm still obsessing about a protected encounter 5weeks ago, counting down the days to 3 mos. I'm trying not to go insane. I know logically I should be fine, but I guess it's the fear of "what if". I know you've said that's pointless, I just can't help it.

I'm going to my Dr. tomorrow to see if I can get a test a 5 week test (I know, I know.), and hopefully Paxil or something for the anxiety that is keeping me awake and tormenting me.

Take care of yourself.

-Matt

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Matt,

Yeah, I doubt all those guys in the sill red dresses and beanies with the rapper-style jewelry would agree with my induction into sainthood. They are much too busy telling me I'm going straight to Hell, because of my "lifestyle choices." Hmmm, my lifestyle choice is to help save lives and fight the worst infectious disease catastrophe since the bubonic plague, while they sit around pontificating and spreading the word that condoms don't protect folks form HIV. In reality, it's I who does not approve of their lifestyle choices, let alone their fashion faux-pas!

OK, Matt, enough about me; back to you. I appreciate your loyalty to this site, but 14 hours a day? Matt, Matt, Matt . . . that almost qualifies as stalking. Now rather than us getting a restraining order placed on you, I'd suggest you try to focus some of your energy outward. Helping others who are less fortunate always tends to put our own lives back into proper (and more realistic) perspective. Spend some time at a hospice or cancer center. Read to the blind. Volunteer at your local AIDS service organization. Sure, see your doctor for some Paxil if you need it. However, consider donating the money you want to spend on testing (knowing it will not be definitive or diagnostic anyway) to the charity of your choice. I guarantee that act alone will make you feel better and garner loads of excellent cosmic karma from the higher powers who watch over us all. Turn your anxiety into action, Matt.

I'm here if you need me. Good luck!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Thank You Again Dr. Bob...
Next
Scared and confused puppy

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.