You Are a Saint

Hi Dr. Frascino-

No need to respond, I just wanted to tell you that I think you are as nice of a person as there could possibly be. Wouldn't the Vatican love that "Saint" comment?! LOL

I have spent way too much time here, on and off about 14 hours a day, but it's because you are so assutring, knowledgable, compassionate, and damn funny!

I'm still obsessing about a protected encounter 5weeks ago, counting down the days to 3 mos. I'm trying not to go insane. I know logically I should be fine, but I guess it's the fear of "what if". I know you've said that's pointless, I just can't help it.

I'm going to my Dr. tomorrow to see if I can get a test a 5 week test (I know, I know.), and hopefully Paxil or something for the anxiety that is keeping me awake and tormenting me.

Take care of yourself.

-Matt

Hi Matt,

Yeah, I doubt all those guys in the sill red dresses and beanies with the rapper-style jewelry would agree with my induction into sainthood. They are much too busy telling me I'm going straight to Hell, because of my "lifestyle choices." Hmmm, my lifestyle choice is to help save lives and fight the worst infectious disease catastrophe since the bubonic plague, while they sit around pontificating and spreading the word that condoms don't protect folks form HIV. In reality, it's I who does not approve of their lifestyle choices, let alone their fashion faux-pas!

OK, Matt, enough about me; back to you. I appreciate your loyalty to this site, but 14 hours a day? Matt, Matt, Matt . . . that almost qualifies as stalking. Now rather than us getting a restraining order placed on you, I'd suggest you try to focus some of your energy outward. Helping others who are less fortunate always tends to put our own lives back into proper (and more realistic) perspective. Spend some time at a hospice or cancer center. Read to the blind. Volunteer at your local AIDS service organization. Sure, see your doctor for some Paxil if you need it. However, consider donating the money you want to spend on testing (knowing it will not be definitive or diagnostic anyway) to the charity of your choice. I guarantee that act alone will make you feel better and garner loads of excellent cosmic karma from the higher powers who watch over us all. Turn your anxiety into action, Matt.

I'm here if you need me. Good luck!

Thank You Again Dr. Bob...
Scared and confused puppy