NON FDA APPROVED HOME TESTS

HI DR BOB, FIRSTLY THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT YOU ARE GIVING FOR FREE TO ALL THE SO NEEDY PEOPLE FOR MORAL AND INFORMATIVE ACCESS THROUGH THE BODY. FOR THAT I WISH TO SEND YOUR NGO INSTITUTION MY MODEST CONTRIBUTION VIA MASTER CARD,SO PLS GIVE ME YOUR ADDRESS,AND DO ACCEPT MY MODESTY AS I AM AN EXPATRIATE LIVING IN NIGERIA WITH LIMITED INCOME. FINALLY PLS TELL ME IF THE (SCAN HIV RAPID TEST KIT)MANUFACTURED BY (M&A CONCEPTS LTD under licence from(MINERVA BIOTECH CORPORATION CANADA IS A TRUSTED HIV HOME KIT AS MY GIRL FRIEND WITH WHOM I AM HAVING UNPROTECTED RELATION TESTED POSITIVE .IE :TWO BROWN LINES WERE SEEN INSTEAD OF ONE ON THE UPPER WINDOW OF THE SAMPLE.I IMMEDIATELY STOPPED MY ACTS FOR NOW AND EVEN THOUGH MY EJACULATIONS WERE ALWAYS TAKING PLACE OUTSIDE THE VAGINA WHAT ARE MY RISKS OF CONTRACTING THE VIRUS?NEEDLESS TO TELL YOU THAT I WILL REPEAT THE TEST FOR HER,WHILE MY OWN SHOWED ONE LINE IN THE UPPER PART OF THE SAMPLE ,MEANING NEGATIVE. THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY, SAM.

Hello Expate Sam, now living in Nigeria!

I do not have any personal experience with the particular rapid test kit you reference in your question; however, from the title of your inquiry, I assume it's not on the FDA-approved list. If that is indeed the case, I must point out that these tests are usually "not approved" for a reason, such as inconsistent results, unreliable technology, too many false-negatives or false-positives (sensitivity or specificity of the test assay), etc. That said, I must also point out that even the FDA-approved home test kits that give a positive result need to be confirmed with a more traditional test before the diagnosis of HIV can be made. I would very strongly suggest that both you and your girlfriend obtain a standard HIV ELISA test without delay.

Thank you for your donation. We will use it to combat the epidemic in African, since you are now living in Nigeria.

Ongoing low grade fever
Procrit Thank You