Anemic II

Dr. Bob, Thanks you so much for answering my previous question "Anemic" from the end of June. Since I wrote the question I have had a follow up visit to my Doc (and he feels the same way as you do regarding Anemia). After reviewing all the subsequent tests, a follow up lab test showed acid reflux disease and both Docs(the other being the gastroenterologist)said that it was causing bleeding in the affected area and therefore causing my low red blood cells to be low. I am now on an acid blocker and they expect the area to heal completely. I will have follow up blood tests. BTW my need for naps has stopped!(but I do still enjoy a nap on a rainy Saturday afternoon). There is no need to take up valuable space posting this if you don't want to..I just wanted to let you know the outcome. Thanks again.

Thanks for taking the time to write back and advise us of your final diagnosis. Certainly "blood loss" (even unrecognized blood loss) is a common cause of anemia. The best treatment here is, of course, to stop the bleeding, and specifically in your case, to stop the acid reflux! By doing so, your anemia should resolve. As the anemia resolves, the symptoms associated with anemia, such as fatigue (need for nap time), will also subside. So everything seems to be happening right on track for you. I congratulate you and your doctor for identifying the problem anemia, then identifying the cause acid reflux resulting in blood loss, and finally instituting specific therapy the acid blocker!

So once again, naps are a luxury and not a necessity just the way they should be. I'm yawning as I type this, flying at 38,000 feet from coast to coast. I think a nap is an excellent idea at the moment. So I'll sign off for now as I fully recline my seat back. Luckily, Dr. Steve (The Body's expert in the Tratamientos Forum) is sitting directly behind me, and he never complains if I recline all the way back into his lap.

Nite-nite.

Dr. Bob zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

A couple of questions
New Symptom