|VERY PARANOID NY'ER
Jul 4, 2004
I was hoping you could abswer a question for me. I was out last night and was kissing someone in a bar. It wasn't for along time but there was defintiely saliva exhange. When I got home I relized that I had a small canker sore in my mouuth and that I also had bitten the inside of my cheek at dinner. Neither was bleeding but I am a very paranoid NY'er and am a little freaked this morning that there is the possibility of HIV transmission. Am I overreacting? If you could e-mail meat the above e-mail address I would really appreciate it. Thanks Paul
Response from Dr. Frascino
Hello Very Paranoid NY'er Paul,
I'll be brief:
1. Yes, you are overreacting. (Just check the archives for a more detailed discussion of why "a kiss is just a kiss," even with the small canker sore in your "mouth" and bitten cheek.
2. It's quite impossible to "e-mail meat."
worried from malta
Please respond - I am horribly worried
- If I Have Aids Or Hiv What Would Show Up Abnormal In Blood Tests?
- Would Herpes Show On A Pap Smear If You Are Not Having A Breakout
- What To Do When Prescriptions Do Not Work For Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Precautions To Take For Syphilis At Home?
- What Color Are Genital Herpes Lesions?
- What Are The Stages Of Hpv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.