Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

time for you to go...NOT!!
Jun 15, 2004

Hello Dr. Frascino, (question at the end) like most people who visit this board, I am searching for answers and perhaps peace of mind. I too spend time worrying about whether or not I have been playing a little too close to the fire. I have known for years the basic rules of safe sex: No unprotected intercoarse. PERIOD. After enough years of playing this game I wonder if most sexually active gay men like myself are more in need of mental and emotional healing than anything else. I know you realize that your forum brings much needed counseling as well as important information to most of us. I am grateful to you. And we all know that the very MEAN person who wrote the other day "time for you to go", is a sad angry person. I believe the absolute best for you is yet to come! I believe it because you are doing what Christ did. Couseling and comforting the needy and the sick (this may sound dramatic but I believe it's a real phenomenon....kind of like karma ). My question to you is this: Could you please take a moment and tell us how you maintain such a great attitude. I for one need to work on mine. Thank you again-Matt

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your very kind comments. I'm not exactly sure how to answer your question. Personally, I feel like the luckiest person on the planet. A loving family, totally cool friends, incredible life experiences, music, living in San Francisco, having a great dog, being Italian (you know what that means), . . . and have you seen my lover? Now that's what I call heaven on a stick. So, I really don't have to work very hard to keep my "positive" attitude -- so to speak.

For those who want to scream with Aretha, "I got a new attitude" . . . (or was that a pink Cadillac . . . no, no, that's Mary Kay, not Aretha) . . . oh, I digress . . . sorry. For those who are in need of an attitude realignment, I often suggest spending some time with others who are less fortunate than you. Volunteer some time at an AIDS hospice, read to someone's who's gone blind from CMV, offer to be a pet walker for AIDS patients too sick to take Toto to the park, play with kids at a pediatric cancer center, raise money by doing an AIDS Walk . . . or Diabetes 10K Run . . . or lymphoma marathon, etc., etc., etc. This list is really endless. Find a cause, donate some "love," and you just may discover a "new you" along the way.

Matt, I'll send you some karma. If I use FedEx, it should arrive by 10:30 tomorrow morning. By merely asking your question, you've already made the first step toward harmonizing with Aretha!

Dr. Bob

Previous
SUB SAHARA AFRICA
Next
Should I Retest?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.