time for you to go...NOT!!

Hello Dr. Frascino, (question at the end) like most people who visit this board, I am searching for answers and perhaps peace of mind. I too spend time worrying about whether or not I have been playing a little too close to the fire. I have known for years the basic rules of safe sex: No unprotected intercoarse. PERIOD. After enough years of playing this game I wonder if most sexually active gay men like myself are more in need of mental and emotional healing than anything else. I know you realize that your forum brings much needed counseling as well as important information to most of us. I am grateful to you. And we all know that the very MEAN person who wrote the other day "time for you to go", is a sad angry person. I believe the absolute best for you is yet to come! I believe it because you are doing what Christ did. Couseling and comforting the needy and the sick (this may sound dramatic but I believe it's a real phenomenon....kind of like karma ). My question to you is this: Could you please take a moment and tell us how you maintain such a great attitude. I for one need to work on mine. Thank you again-Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your very kind comments. I'm not exactly sure how to answer your question. Personally, I feel like the luckiest person on the planet. A loving family, totally cool friends, incredible life experiences, music, living in San Francisco, having a great dog, being Italian (you know what that means), . . . and have you seen my lover? Now that's what I call heaven on a stick. So, I really don't have to work very hard to keep my "positive" attitude -- so to speak.

For those who want to scream with Aretha, "I got a new attitude" . . . (or was that a pink Cadillac . . . no, no, that's Mary Kay, not Aretha) . . . oh, I digress . . . sorry. For those who are in need of an attitude realignment, I often suggest spending some time with others who are less fortunate than you. Volunteer some time at an AIDS hospice, read to someone's who's gone blind from CMV, offer to be a pet walker for AIDS patients too sick to take Toto to the park, play with kids at a pediatric cancer center, raise money by doing an AIDS Walk . . . or Diabetes 10K Run . . . or lymphoma marathon, etc., etc., etc. This list is really endless. Find a cause, donate some "love," and you just may discover a "new you" along the way.

Matt, I'll send you some karma. If I use FedEx, it should arrive by 10:30 tomorrow morning. By merely asking your question, you've already made the first step toward harmonizing with Aretha!

SUB SAHARA AFRICA
Should I Retest?