ANEMIA

COULD YOU TELL ME WHY I NEED URINE AND STOOL SAMPLES FOR ANEMIA THANKYOU

Well, I assume you mean, "Why do you need urine and stool samples to look for the cause of anemia?" Anemia is the medical term for decreased red blood cells. If your doctor ordered these tests, I can only assume he is looking to see if you may be losing red blood cells through your kidneys and related organs, or losing blood through your gastrointestinal tract (ulcers, etc.), which could show up as blood in your stool.

I'm sure your physician is also considering other potential causes, such as medications (AZT, for example), iron or vitamin deficiencies, or your HIV infection itself.

Once the cause or causes are determined, specific treatment can be instituted.

RJF

Ritilin for fatigue?
enlarged red blood cells