I would like to gain plenty of weight

I have been loosing weight steadly over the past few years, I believe because of hiv. I have read about the rhgh and asked my docter if he can write for me a prescription and he would not because he says they do not have any rhgh out there for women yet and also doesn't think I have lost that much weight. My highest weight has been 110lbs and currently I am 94lbs which is alot for a small person. I eat well and I am in good health, work out, sometimes weights lifting but I keep loosing weight nonetheless Are there any other ways to get this hormone? Help!

I would not recommend recombinant human growth hormone as a first-line therapy for weight loss in the setting of HIV disease. Although it certainly can be used in women or men, it has significant side effects and toxicities.

Your problem is gradual weight loss. Your first step should be an evaluation to find out why. I would start with a visit to an HIV-savvy nutritionist to check the nutritional status of and to optimize your diet. Your HIV specialist should also examine you and run the appropriate laboratory studies to see if there is a medical reason for weight loss, such as absorption problems, diarrhea, a hormonal imbalance (hyperthyroidism), a psychological problem, etc. The treatment should be directed at the underlying problem. If it did turn out to be HIV wasting, you might respond to an appetite stimulant or non-adrenergic anabolic steroid, such as Oxandrine. The bottom line is that there are a whole range of therapeutic modalities I would suggest prior to considering recombinant human growth hormone. I would suggest you explore these safer, and often more effective, therapies first.

Im recently diagnosed HIV . . .
Update