Is a testosterone drop of 30% significant?

I had my testosterone tested after being diagnosed HIV+ in 2002 and it came back in the higher end of the normal range at 25. I just had it retested as I have been very tired of late and it came back at 18. Could this drop be contributing to my tiredness? Also, I'm not the massive horn-dog I used to be. I work out four times a week for about 1.5 hours but I need to take a nap almost every day.

My last blood counts were normal, CD4's at 570 & VL undetectible. On Sustiva, Epivir, Viread.

Thanks for your comments!

Mini-Horn-Dog

The percentage drop isn't as important as the normal range. You'll need to check your lab result sheet to see if "18" is within the normal range. If it's below normal or continues to head south and falls below the normal range, then supplementation with testosterone should be considered. You might also consider checking your "free testosterone" level and matching your results to age-matched controls. If low, testosterone supplementation would be warranted, even if your "total testosterone" was normal. You can read more about this in the archives of this forum.

Continue the gym workouts. That increases your testosterone and, more importantly, helps you look better naked!

Other causes for fatigue should also be checked anemia, depression, drug side effects, etc. You can read about these and other potential causes of fatigue in the archives of this forum.

One final thought, do you really want a sign-off name like "Mini-Horn dog"? Perhaps you should consider "Massive-Tool dog", or something like that.

Stay well.

Please Help Me
Having Severe Fatigue