Apr 15, 2004
If I have anemia, does it mean I am HIV positive?
Response from Dr. Frascino
No. that would be similar to saying, "If I have a headache, does it mean I have an incurable brain tumor?"
Anemia refers to any condition in which the number of red blood cells or the amount of hemoglobin (oxygen-carrying component of red blood cells) is less than normal. There are many different types of anemia and a wide variety of potential causes.
Being HIV-positive means you have been infected with a specific virus Human Immunodeficiency Virus. Some people with HIV/AIDS can develop anemia; however, I hasten to add the vast majority of people with anemia are not HIV-positive.
Hope that helps clarify things for you.
Rash and Fatigue
- Blowjob From A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- HIV Infection Risk Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Itchy Testicles After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.