Mad Max

Dr. Bob,

Please read through this, no strippers, sex workers, sex.

You probably do not like it when gay bashers write you telling you that your way of life is wrong. That you are not born gay that it is a choice. Those types of third party suggestions I know from previous postings get under your skin, wether you admit it or not. I have been a reader for awhile now and I enjoy most of your commentary. BUT I have to say I have seen a couple postings about the Passion that I can not get over. PLEASE hear me out. You say that it is not medically possible for Jesus to have endured that. Was it medically possible that he could heal the blind, leprocy, sick? NO but he did!! A normal person probably could not have endured that amount of torture. BUT he was not normal, he is Jesus, the son of God! You could ask for scientific proof that he rose from the dead or healed all these people and I could refer you to the best seller world wide for centuries, the Bible. How do you know you are homosexual? You know inside right? It is something that only you can feel. Similar to that feeling Many of us feel the Lord. Like the wind you can't see it but you can feel it!! It is not my place to tell you what to talk about, this is your forum. I do not care if you talk politics or have an opinion. But in a forum where so many people are searching for answers I would ask you kindly to refrain from denouncing that there is not a God and that Jesus was not in fact a gift from God. He was no mere person! So many people hold Jesus closer to our heart than our loved ones here on earth. I know people try to hurt you with their words and actions and I feel sorrow for them because they are so shallow, I hope that you do not take those same hurtful steps in the future.

What Mel Gibson has done is having a profound effect on the world. Jesus is; HOPE, LOVE and FAITH.

Sincerely Mad Max

Forty-five million people are suffering from a plague and you're concerned about my negative response to a sadistic film? Oh my. Whether you are a believer or not, it might be useful to remember one very important thing: the movie (The Passion of the Christ) is not from God. It's from Mel Gibson. And there's a difference! Really! What you saw on the screen was not Jesus incarnate, but rather James Caviezel under about 20 pounds of ketchup and raw hamburger meat. I can assure you there are plenty of people who are just as spiritual as you are who think Gibson's movie is a piece of garbage. I'm amazed some folks watched the film thinking, "I am watching the Lord," while others like me were thinking, "Why am I still sitting here watching James Caviezel getting pummeled?" For me, it's a question of reality. Some folks are comforted by the sight of a man in a flight suit, while others want to know whether he can really fly the plane.

That said, I need to remind you that whether you believe in Christ, Buddha, Allah, Mohammed, Mad Max, or the Man in the Moon, this is a forum dedicated to scientific fact about HIV/AIDS and not to unsubstantiated beliefs, even when recited in Aramaic.

By the way, just for the record, I have never denounced God. In fact, I "believe" in higher powers. (You can call her what you will.) I also "believe" she will approve of my efforts to save lives and provide crucial services to those suffering the ravages of this hideous plague. She may also be quite disappointed by others, such as the Vatican, for spreading lies, such as HIV can pass through latex condoms. I don't know if my efforts are "profound" (like Mel's), but I would encourage you to spend some time volunteering at an AIDS hospice, or working to combat AIDS apathy, or donating funds to provide antiviral drugs to HIV-positive pregnant women, thereby decreasing the chance they will pass the deadly virus on to their unborn infants. You just might find it to be a "profoundly religious" experience.

Concerted Effort versus Others
in reply to "please answer im scared"