Concerted Effort versus Others

Dear Dr. Bob,

I would like to make a donation to an organization committed to helping those infected with HIV. I know of several, including Concerted Effort that would be potential candidates.

What I don't know is exactly how the donation is spent, where it is spent, what percentage of the donation actually reaches the needy, etc. I know it may be difficult to obtain this info, but I think its important.

Can you provide this information for Concerted Effort and can you direct me as to how to get this information for other organizations?

Thanks!

The sole mission of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation is to provide crucial services for men, women, and children living with HIV/AIDS, and to raise awareness of the HIV/AIDS epidemic through advocacy and education.

"Concerted Effort: A Concert for World AIDS Day" is the name of our foundation's largest annual fundraiser held each year in conjunction with World AIDS Day. To date, the Foundation has raised over $875,000 for crucial HIV/AIDS services worldwide, ranging from hospice care in Los Angeles to AIDS education in the primary schools on the Mendocino Coast to the provision of anti-HIV medication to HIV-positive pregnant women in Africa, thereby helping to prevent transmission of the virus to their newborns. To view some of the Foundation's current projects, visit the website, www.concertedeffort.org and click on the "concerted effort" tab. Donations to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation are distributed to the neediest AIDS service organizations by the Foundation's Board of Directors, comprised of AIDS specialist physicians who volunteer their time, expertise, and talent. The Foundation has no salaried employees and relies on staff volunteers and its Executive Board (also volunteer) to accomplish its mission.

Regarding overhead for other AIDS service organizations and how donations are used by those groups, you'll need to contact them directly.

Thank you for your willingness to join the world's "concerted effort" to battle the human tragedy that is the HIV/AIDS pandemic.

Vaginal Secretions on Condom's inside...How risky???
Mad Max