Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thanks Dr. Bob
Apr 4, 2004

I am a 28 Year old Happily Married Man w 2 beautiful kids who while having sex with a female sexworker experienced condom failure. I didn't even know when it broke. Of course I was mortified when I pulled out and ejaculated on the floor. I then proceeded (2 weeks later) to have diarrhea lasting for two weeks, sore throat, and sore neck (right above the collarbone). I convinced myself that I was seroconverting. I started browsing the web & came across your site and was hooked. I'm telling you that I was 95% convinced that I was infected. There was no way that I had the balls to get tested. The only thing that kept me sane & functioning were your kind intelligent words posted. I have learned my lesson. I contemplated suicide & everything. I have decided to use this undeserving 2nd chance to teach the youth about this disease. Thank You Dr. Bob. God Bless you

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

I'm delighted you found the information helpful. I also hope you eventually found "the balls" to get tested! (You didn't mention that in your post, but it's implied from your "2nd chance" comment).

Condom failure is a relatively uncommon phenomenon when using good quality latex condoms and adequate water-based lubricant. Remember that "lubrication is your friend," and to use plenty of the slippery stuff!

Stay well and thanks for the thanks!

Dr. Bob

Previous
AZT- Time To Switch?
Next
Rash and Fatigue

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.