Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Just A Compliment
Mar 31, 2004

Dr. Bob,

I have to write you.

I'm not HIV positive, but I read your column religiously. The people who write you are generally distraught, scared and upset. I hear the fear and confusion in their questions. I feel for their plight. Yet, you answer them with just the right amount of optimism and humor. You give them hope for the future. You inspire me. Perhaps one day, we will find a cure for this horrible disease.

Until then, You Stay Well.

Shon

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Shon,

Thanks for your very kind comments! You read this forum "religiously?" Can I request you read it "regularly" instead? It seems to me religion is totally screwing up the world these days, (and making Mad Max a multimillionaire)! I try to provide scientific facts (and an occasional smile). Religion often doesn't play well with scientific facts: take the whole evolution vs. creationism fiasco as an example.

Yes, I certainly plan to stay well and to "be here for the cure". While waiting, I'll continue to "regularly" share scientific facts, personal optimism, and a laugh along the way.

The work of my AIDS foundation to provide crucial services to men women and children living with HIV/AIDS worldwide and my work here to increase HIV/AIDS awareness through advocacy and education has become my "religion." So Shon, perhaps reading this forum "religiously" is indeed correct after all!

Thanks again Shon!

Dr. Bob

Previous
what might cause Procrit not to work?
Next
so tired with hep c

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.