Just A Compliment

Dr. Bob,

I have to write you.

I'm not HIV positive, but I read your column religiously. The people who write you are generally distraught, scared and upset. I hear the fear and confusion in their questions. I feel for their plight. Yet, you answer them with just the right amount of optimism and humor. You give them hope for the future. You inspire me. Perhaps one day, we will find a cure for this horrible disease.

Until then, You Stay Well.

Shon

Hi Shon,

Thanks for your very kind comments! You read this forum "religiously?" Can I request you read it "regularly" instead? It seems to me religion is totally screwing up the world these days, (and making Mad Max a multimillionaire)! I try to provide scientific facts (and an occasional smile). Religion often doesn't play well with scientific facts: take the whole evolution vs. creationism fiasco as an example.

Yes, I certainly plan to stay well and to "be here for the cure". While waiting, I'll continue to "regularly" share scientific facts, personal optimism, and a laugh along the way.

The work of my AIDS foundation to provide crucial services to men women and children living with HIV/AIDS worldwide and my work here to increase HIV/AIDS awareness through advocacy and education has become my "religion." So Shon, perhaps reading this forum "religiously" is indeed correct after all!

Thanks again Shon!

what might cause Procrit not to work?
so tired with hep c