Little or No Ejaculate

Dear Dr. Bob, Five years ago I was diagnosed with HIV. About two years after the diagnosis, I was put on med's, combivir and viramune. The med's have been successful in terms of my tcell count is in the high 500s and the viral load is undetectable. (And, Dr. Bob, I realize how fortunate that we are that there are great med's available.) Here's my question.. in the last few years my ejaculate has diminished to little or none. I have an orgasim, have no problem with erections, but no cum. I asked my Dr if this was a big deal, and he felt that it was something to be concerned about. He said that I should masturbate daily to ensure that "my plumbing wouldn't rust up".. also, he had prescibed Profasi, to increase the ejaculate. Well, the increase was hardly noticable. My question... is it important to pop a big load (yes it's sexy.. ); but if you can get an erection, can have an orgasim, should I be concerned by the very small volumn of ejaculate? Thanks for all your very kind work, and your great sense of humor. Bob

Profasi is a purified injectable preparation of a natural hormone called Human Chorionic Gonadotropin, and is derived from the urine of pregnant women. No, I'm not kidding. That really is true. OK, so Old Faithful isn't exactly a gushing geyser anymore. To find out if this really is a problem or not, ask to be evaluated by a urologist. He can also let you know if hormone therapy is necessary or not. If he says everything checks out OK, then you needn't worry about popping only minimal amounts of man-juice. That your erections and orgasms are normal is good news. Shooting small loads of spunk might mean nothing more than you'll never star in a porno video, but heck, just think of all the money you'll save not having to launder all those trick towels.

As for the jack-off at least once a day advice, I don't really think "rusty plumbing" is the problem here, but hell, do you really even care when a doc prescribes such a pleasurable "therapy?"

OK, little squirt, stay well.

andro gel vs dep injections
Dr. Bob, You're Great !