To Testo or not to Testo??

I have been doing well on testo for quite some time, now my doc tells me no gel and or shots, no testo at all my blood is getting to thick. So of course now my muscle mass is disappearing and i'm tired all the time. No way to cycle on and off or maybe lower the dose? Doesn't cholesterol thicken the blood also? My cholesterol is high, maybe take care of the cholesterol and go back on testo

Supplemental testosterone helps to foil fatigue and regain lost body mass in folks with hypogonadism (low testosterone); however, if the dose is pushed too high, it can raise lipid levels (including cholesterol) and put you at risk for heart attacks and other unpleasant things. In addition, testosterone can push red blood cell counts up to levels that increase the blood's viscosity (i.e. the blood gets too thick). This is called polycytosis or polycythemia, and can predispose you to stroke, blood clots, and heart problems. Testo-replacement therapy should be adjusted to maximize the benefits and minimize the risks. You mentioned two common ways of doing this dose adjustment (preferred) and cycling on and off therapy. If your doctor isn't willing to help you adjust your dose appropriately, ask for a referral to an endocrinologist. They are hormone specialists and should be able to recommend the best and safest option for you. Most HIV/AIDS specialists are usually experienced in this regard as well, but if yours is not, don't be shy about insisting on getting the help you need.

high iron + high hemoglobin in blood
Thanks for the archive!