Do Not Give Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Dr. Bob,

I want you to know that we all are extremely proud and admire you for your audacity in fighting this crippling disease. You manage to maintain such composure and stature that it is incredible at not only how healthy you stay but how incredibly sexy you maintain. There is definitely something very sexy about your essence and your words of wisdom. Too bad I like women, they don't seem to make too much out there with your wisdom, committment, or compassion. In any event, we must all stay focused. Your organization is godsend helping those in need? But does your organization also donate to the research of new medicines to treat us. I'm sure you know that treatment experienced patients are us need new better options and we need to start turning the tide of this thing. It's time to get the ball rolling! Keep fighting! We do care!

Definitely not a Gay Guy (please don't be mad) (But a fan who loves you in Jersey) :-)

Hello Definitely-Not-A-Gay-Guy,

Maybe you're one of those new metrosexuals? Thanks for your kind comments. Of course, I'm not mad!

My not-for-profit charitable foundation has a very specific mission: To provide crucial services for men, women, and children living with HIV/AIDS and to raise awareness of the HIV/AIDS epidemic through advocacy and education. We chose this mission carefully, because, as you mentioned, "we must all stay focused." This is where we felt we could have the greatest immediate impact on the pandemic. Eighty cents can save the life of an unborn child in Africa by providing anti-HIV drugs to an HIV-positive pregnant woman. The 80-cent dose of medications greatly decreases the chance she will pass the virus on to her unborn child. Eighty cents in the research field hardly buys you a paper clip. Research on new medications and vaccines is, of course, critically important. We need to demand that adequate research and development dollars are allocated to HIV from both the federal government and the private pharmaceutical industry. I remain incredulous that our current administration continues to be so apathetic about the suffering caused by and the ubiquitous threat posed by HIV. If we could just redirect the resources (cost) of a few bombs or fighter planes, or put the 300 million we are overpaying to Halliburton to use in HIV drug development, things might move a bit faster. However, until then (hopefully November 2004), the best I can do is save lives 80 cents at a time.

Stay well, New Jersey Guy. I love you too.

help,i feel like a deadly weapon
Blood tests results