to spleen or not to spleen

I had posted several months ago with regards to ITP. I am now going with my third round of infusions. Each Infusion is like 20 thousand dollars and I have to have five days of infusions thus t his is running a high bill for me. I am advise to have my spleen removed by one Doctor and my other Doctor is advising not to have it removed, what do I do and when do I know it is time to have my spleen removed due to ITP . THANK YOU

boypup

Hello Boy pup,

I cannot be the tie-breaking vote without knowing much more about your specific case. You have two conflicting opinions. I'd suggest you insist the two doctors talk to each other and come up with a recommendation and treatment plan they both agree on. If they refuse, you'll need to get a 3rd opinion from another expert who can thoroughly review your case and examine you. For this 3rd opinion I'd suggest you consider a university medical center or other academic center. Good luck.

conveniced
Long term survivor