parvo virus...need help

I was diagnosed with the human parvo virus in late December. Since then I've had six blood transfusions and one five day treatment of IVIG. My numbers are not stabilizing and my Dr. just informed me that I need another blood transfusion (my number is 7.7). Also, I need to do another cycle of IVIG. If this treatment does not work he wants to do another bone marrow biopsy and see if there is something else going on.

My question is this. What are the chances of me continuing with the blood transfusions, procrit shots, etc? I've been hiv positive since the early 80's and have kept the hiv virus and its symptoms at bay thus far. Basically, if there is not another culprit that is destroying my red blood count, what is my prognosis?

Your prognosis is very good. Depending on your level of immunosuppression, you may require re-treatment, or even regular treatment with IVIG to suppress the Parvovirus B19. Continue to work closely with your HIV/AIDS specialist. You should be able to monitor your response to treatment (IVIG) by following your reticulocyte count and measuring the Parvovirus B19 DNA viral load. Close monitoring and treatment as needed should decrease or eliminate the need for future blood transfusions.

Parvo Virus b19
conveniced