Help sickel cell anemia and hiv

I have HIV and now I feel like that I am dieing I have seen a doctor and he said that their was nothing that he could do for me. I work a full time job and I have a lover who cares about me even with HIV I would like to get some short term disb that way I could keep up with my dr apps but I feel like that will not happen. My lover says that he understands but I have aldery gotten ready for the worst. Do I have any chance to live with both of hiv and sickel cell?? What should I do? I don't have a dr I know I should but I had no choice but to fire him he was so rude to me, I cannot hear out of my right ear and now almodt my left because of my nodes all dr just say that its the hiv ans send me home. Please help.

Thank you,

Mr. A

Hello Mr. A,

Firing that rude poor excuse for a doctor is exactly the right thing to do! Is there "any chance to live with both HIV and sickle cell?" Yes, absolutely! What you need right away is a physician who can provide you with the comprehensive and compassionate care you rightly deserve. I'd start with an HIV/AIDS specialist, and let that doctor refer you to a hematologist (blood specialist) who can help manage your sickle cell disease. To find a competent HIV/AIDS specialist, check the American Academy of HIV Medicine's website, www.aahivm.org. They have a list of certified HIV/AIDS specialists listed by location.

Short-term disability requires nothing more than a physician's statement. Your new HIV/AIDS specialist should be able to help in this regard.

Sickle Cell Disease can vary in severity, depending on genetic factors. Blood transfusions may be necessary to treat certain complications. Other therapies, including hydroxyurea, are also being tried. Bone marrow transplantation has been used to successfully treat Sickle Cell Disease in children; however, this may not be an option for adults, if they have experienced irreversible organ damage over the years. The important thing to realize is that both Sickle Cell Disease and HIV are chronic diseases that require expertise and ongoing management for optimal control.

You've taken the first step by cutting the ties with your previous incompetent physician. Good for you! Now don't hesitate in finding a new physician who can guide you through your double trouble of HIV and Sickle Cell.

Good luck. Let me know if I can be of further service.

please tell me i'm misinformed. thank you!
fatigue types