Low Testosterone Level

My Testosterone test came back very close to the "low" side of the test. My Dr said I was in the normal range and I didnt need any testosterone treatment. Is that a "rule of thumb"? It has to be "below" the low limit before treatment may help loss of sex drive and loss of muscle tone?

No, that's not a hard and fast rule of thumb or any other body part. Are you HIV-positive or have other reasons to have hypogonadism (low testosterone)? Loss of muscle mass (rather than tone) and decreased libido can be signs of low testosterone or many other conditions. If your total testosterone was in the low-normal range, I suggest you get a "free testosterone" test. Total testosterone means all the hormone in your body, some of which gloms onto proteins and is therefore not "free" to work. The "free" testosterone is the active component. If your "free testosterone" is low, supplementation would certainly be indicated.

Write back with more details, if you need additional advice. This problem usually isn't all that "hard," but something else should be.

slightly anemic
going for the immunologist for the tiebreaker.