Fatigue or worries?

I was diagnosed two weeks ago. During the last two weeks I have noticed how my mind works and even though I have kept it under control, sometimes I worry and worry too much. During the past two days I have experienced a very tight chest feeling, I can't breathe well and a dry cough started. I am constantly taking deep breaths to try to get my lungs completely filled with air but I am unable to achieve this. My doctor gave me an X-Ray today, but I feel like he thinks I am just worried. On the other hand, my boss has bronchitis and she trained me a couple of weeks ago, while I waited for my results. She coughed constantly in the room and I am worried I have gotten whatever she has. I am not taking any medication yet and my viral load is really high but so are my CD4s. I know I am early in the dignosis stage and it will take time for me to feel less vulnerable. Is the X-Ray enough for me and my Dr. to do at this point or should I be taking additional steps in order to prevent this to get worse. So far I am just trying to relax and not worry about it.

If your CD4 count is high, that's excellent news. The CD4 count reflects the integrity of your immune system. With high counts, your chances of having an HIV-related opportunistic infection are very low. Having your doctor listen to your lungs and getting a chest x-ray should be adequate to evaluate your current problem at this point. It is indeed possible that anxiety is causing your tight chest sensation. Adjusting to your new reality as a person cohabitating with the virus will take some time. Perhaps some counseling or a support group would be helpful. Also, check around on this website and related links to learn more about HIV. Things can and will get better. One thing to note is that I've been positive since January 1991, perhaps that will help. Let's get through this together, OK?

Androgel Application
word has it that viramune is just too dangerous as an anti-hiv med!