Andro gel follow up

Hi Doc. I sent you an email a week ago about Andro Gel. I just called my docs office and found out that my testost. results were 530. I guess this is in the lower normal range. Do you feel that with my very low sex drive, low energy, and loss of muscle over the last year would be reason enough for me to go on the gel or injections? I am only 32 and want my sex drive and muscles back. My viral has went from 160,000 to 17, 000 and tcell is up to 530 again....what are your thoughts. Thanks

I'd suggest checking your "free" testosterone level. If it's low, then yes, a trial of testosterone supplementation (AndroGel) would be warranted. Your 530 is total testosterone, which is a measure of all the hormone in your body. Some testosterone gloms onto proteins (protein-bound) and is therefore not "free" for use. The "free" component is what really counts it's the active fraction. So check this out next, OK?

Great news about your viral load and T-cell counts! Don't forget to get back into a regular aerobic and resistance weight training program, and also to optimize your nutrition to help improve energy levels, sex drive, and muscle mass.

Anemia, or something else?
Andro Gel follow up