Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

your mind is a powerful thing
Dec 28, 2003

Hi my question is do you believe that your body can actually produce symtoms of AIDS/HIV if you are certain that you have it? I was certain that my unprotected sex had caught me, I read an article on the signs, and then a friend who was positive told me more signs. I swear the lymphnoids in my growing became swollen, I had thrush, diareah, sore back, anemia, and just a common feeling of BLAH. I was so scared and finally after a year of abstanance, I took the test, guess what, negative!!! That same day all my symtoms stopped. These were actual physical signs, that a doctor also was aware of, checking the lumps in the growing and feeling them, and the iron test, she too thought it was HIV, because the lymphnoids were extremely swollen and painful to touch. Its very scary that when we convince ourselves to this degree, and live in fear that long, that your body starts to go along with the craziness. Have you heard of this before? Am I a freak of nature? If nothing else it was a wake up call that everone needs to take heed to GOD BLESS all of you living with this, and I pray for a cure everyday.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

"Have I heard of this before?" Oh yeah, at least a gazillion times or more. I've lost count. Check out the archives for lots of stories just like yours! Well, I'm not sure they all have swollen "lymphnoids in the growing. . . ;" however, they all complain of "all the symptoms in the book", and those symptoms all magically disappear when the HIV test results come back negative. So now you can join the ever-growing club of X-Filers. Those are worried well folks who become ex-worried wells when they finally get their test results. Congratulations and WOO-HOO!

Now as for abstinence for a whole year! Wow! No wonder you felt "BLAH!"

Happy Holidays. Stay safe. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
falling asleep at inappropriate times
Next
(emergency) question re: Procrit

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.