your mind is a powerful thing

Hi my question is do you believe that your body can actually produce symtoms of AIDS/HIV if you are certain that you have it? I was certain that my unprotected sex had caught me, I read an article on the signs, and then a friend who was positive told me more signs. I swear the lymphnoids in my growing became swollen, I had thrush, diareah, sore back, anemia, and just a common feeling of BLAH. I was so scared and finally after a year of abstanance, I took the test, guess what, negative!!! That same day all my symtoms stopped. These were actual physical signs, that a doctor also was aware of, checking the lumps in the growing and feeling them, and the iron test, she too thought it was HIV, because the lymphnoids were extremely swollen and painful to touch. Its very scary that when we convince ourselves to this degree, and live in fear that long, that your body starts to go along with the craziness. Have you heard of this before? Am I a freak of nature? If nothing else it was a wake up call that everone needs to take heed to GOD BLESS all of you living with this, and I pray for a cure everyday.

"Have I heard of this before?" Oh yeah, at least a gazillion times or more. I've lost count. Check out the archives for lots of stories just like yours! Well, I'm not sure they all have swollen "lymphnoids in the growing. . . ;" however, they all complain of "all the symptoms in the book", and those symptoms all magically disappear when the HIV test results come back negative. So now you can join the ever-growing club of X-Filers. Those are worried well folks who become ex-worried wells when they finally get their test results. Congratulations and WOO-HOO!

Now as for abstinence for a whole year! Wow! No wonder you felt "BLAH!"

Happy Holidays. Stay safe. Stay well.

falling asleep at inappropriate times
(emergency) question re: Procrit