tips on new fill

Dear Dr Bob,

You do a great service and is very much appreciated by all. I am from the UK and had my first round of new fill by a qualified hiv Dr, it's on a trial so i am fortunate that i don't have to pay for the treatments. After my first session i didnt notice any difference, would this change the more i have. It kinda felt abit uncomfy as was only using ice packs to numb the skin then the injections ouch !!!, what should i ask for to numb the site ? I am having the next new fill on Dec 24th, Christmas Eve, so i hoping it will be a nice Xmas surprise which might show better results. I suffer from very mild lipo in the face and my hiv Dr reckons i will only need a few more treatments, is this correct. I know you have had this proceedure done a few times and thought you would be the best person to ask about this. By the way I think your new photos look very good. Best Wishes for the Festive season from London Mark

Hey Mark,

Not noticing a very significant difference after the first New Fill injections is quite common and to be expected. You mentioned your doc is qualified, but is he experienced in using the product? He should have been more realistic with you about expectations and more familiar with anesthetic options, depending on your level of discomfort. I've noticed the results of this procedure like all reconstructive surgical procedures is highly dependant on the skill of the physician (plastic surgeon) performing the procedure. If the New Fill is not injected into the proper layer of the skin, the results can be far from optimal. Most folks require at least three-five treatments (sometimes more) for optimal results. Yes, the improvement does become much more apparent with each subsequent treatment. You can sort of think of it like filling up a triangular vase with water. The big broad part of the triangle at the base takes a lot of water to fill. Then, as you go more toward the narrow top, it takes less and less for the water level to rise. New Fill has to, in an allegorical sense, fill up the broad base part of your lipo, and as that fills in, subsequent treatments will show a more dramatic effect.

So first off, make sure your guy knows what he's doing and has had considerable experience injecting New Fill. Next, discuss anesthesia options with him. Some plastic surgeons use a local anesthetic for the initial poke. Others use ice, while some just have a picture of a shirtless Brad Pitt on the ceiling . . . .

Good luck with your treatments!

Happiest of Holidays.

Pain without meds
falling asleep at inappropriate times