Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

1 Drunk Guy, 1 Prostitute, No Ejaculation
Dec 12, 2003

Dear Doc,

Let me first start off by saying that your site is a red rose (ie helpfull) in a sea of poo (ie looking for hard hiv facts on the internet). I am going to make a contribution.

Now for my question. July 15th of this year I got drunk and had protected sex with a prostitute. The Condom did not break and I did not ejaculate. about a month later i did it again, and pulled out and came into a condom without breakage.

Now for the things I have been toiling over for weeks.

A. I touched one vagina. I do not believe I had cuts on my hands, but I was wondering what the chances are for transmission in this way. The interent gives conflicting evidence in this area. B. The girl I did not ejaculate with... what are the odds there that some super vagina partical permiated the condom and climbed the halls of my urethra and infected me?

I ask these questions, which in retrospect look rather silly, because the internet has a wide array of conflicting information. f.i. some doctor babble sites say condoms are only 60 percent effective against hiv whereas more plebian friendly sites tell the tale of the italian 123 couple test, where discordant couples had sex over 1 year and none were infected. ive been to italy. lovely place, but somehow i don't feel comfortable trusting their scientists.

ok i think i've put more than enough wind into these questions. Basically im scared shittless about my home test results which will be available at the end of this week... and fearfull for my girlfriend (the only girl ive had unprotected sex with, once post prostitutes).... i know i know, im a dick.

can you please help out?

sincerely,

dumbass dick destined for hell but hopefully not HIV positive

Response from Dr. Frascino

Dear Dumbass Dick Destined for Hell,

First off, your questions need to be posted to the Safe Sex/HIV Prevention website, not to the Fatigue/Anemia site. Right, Dumbass? (I'm just using the name you provide. No derogatory connotation is intended.Honest!) So, I'll only answer briefly.

A. What are the chances of HIV transmission for touching one vagina with cuts on your hands? Exactly zero. Zip, zilch, nyet, nada!

B. What are the chances your happy hooker had "some super vagina particle that permeated the condom and climbed the halls of your urethra and infected you? Those chances are exactly 10-fold less than the chances I gave you in question A.

Now, I must comment about your comment pertaining to not trusting Italian scientists. Mr. Dick, please note my last name is Frascino. That makes me Italian as well . . . . I can assure you that Italians not only know hot to cook and make love, but we also can conduct valid scientific research! However, some of us just prefer fine food and passionate sex!

So to sum up I really have no idea about the "dumbass dick destined for hell" but I do believe you are "not HIV positive"!

Stay well. Many thanks for your contribution!

Dr. Bob

Previous
medication
Next
Testerone gel ???

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.