Used a plastic grocery bag as a condom..trouble!

Hello Doc,

I am very worried over an incident that occurred a few months back. I had sex with a high-risk female. I wrapped a common plastic grocery bag around my dick and had sex for about 3 minutes.

When I finished there was no visible vaginal fluid on my penis or on the bag.

But then two weeks later, I noticed a lighter-color skin patch (area) on the shapt of my penis almost as though something had entered my skin. There is no itching or any feeling, just the discoloration.

What do you think is up? Is it possible that although I didn't see any fluids on the bag or on my penis, that just being inside the vagina, HIV could have passed through the bag and enter the skin?

Also some friends have told me I have lost weight.

The act happened almost 5 months ago. I plan to get tested next month. But perhaps I should get a post exposure prophylaxis?

Please advise.

Thanks

A plastic grocery bag??? Who were you banging? The checkout clerk at the local Piggly Wiggly?

This event happened five months ago and you are wondering about PEP (Post-exposure prophylaxis) now? No, that wouldn't be helpful. PEP needs to be started within 72 hours of exposure.

Could HIV pass through the grocery bag? I would have no way of knowing. Well-designed placebo-controlled clinical trials using plastic grocery bags have yet to be conducted.

Your symptoms on your penis "shapt" are not at all concerning for HIV disease.

What should you do? If you are concerned about HIV, get tested. HIV tests are definitive at three months. So you can test right away. What else should you do? Buy a pack of latex condoms and discard the plastic bag they come in so you aren't tempted to "cum" in it as well.

Needlestick - Cliff Notes Version
(Rent Fan here) Happy 10 years to you and Dr Steve!