Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Nice New Pic.!!!
Nov 29, 2003

Dr. Bob,

Nice new Pic and bio!! I think I am going to come to your side you big stud. Steve's a lucky man!! Anyway over a year has past since my very risky encounter unprotected Anal, oral Vaginal with a Thai hairdresser. Negative at 3, 5, 9, 12, 16, 19 and 32 weeks. Do I need the one year test or is that enough already. Lots of symptoms post possible exposure.

Thanks,

steve

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Steve,

First off, I really like your name. Second, the 12-week negative test was all that you needed. The three, five, and nine were not considered definitive. The 16, 19, 32 were overkill. So even though the Thai hairdresser had triple penetration (and look who is calling whom "big stud"), you don't need any additional testing. Whatever is causing your post-exposure symptoms, one thing is for certain it's not HIV.

Stay well Steverino!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Symptoms of anemia
Next
Emtriva and Fatigue

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.