Smoking

Hello Doctor, This is just a comment to the concern the smoker had regarding new fill and smoking. I did quit smoking a little more than 2 years ago -- cold turkey. I smoked for almost 23 years one pack a day. I never thought that I could quit without help. It is absolutely possible and you will always find an excuse not to quit and the years go by. To me -- it felt very liberating and I am very proud of myself that I did it -- still today it feels good that I was stronger than the cigarette. I smoked the last cigarette on July 3 rd 2001, the day before Independence Day and thought this would be an appropriate day to quit. What worked for me was thinking about quitting for a few month before -- seriously and on how disgusting everything really smelled around me when I smoked. Especially cold smoke. I really psyched my self up for it. The first day I was looking for a smoke every 15 minutes and on the second day the craving already was almost over. I feel great now, look ( fuller face too) and smell better and feel overall much healthier -- it is definitely possible to quit from a once very doubtful addict. Psyche yourself up for it on a daily basis and it might just work for you too. New York Jack

Hello New York Jack!

Excellent advice! I couldn't agree more. Who says, "You don't know jack?!" I think you are a very wise man!

OK everyone, listen up. If Jack can doe it, so can you. Remember, Jack is now off cigarettes. Would you like to be a "Jack-off," too?

Need to bring refocus of facial wasting w/o or with meds: 20/20 time with Stossel
Brasil, Sp - I am infected??