Thanks Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob,

Thank you for your note describing your experience with HIV meds. I just turned 23 and found out I'm positive and had to start treatment. So far the meds have been pretty awful (nausea, vomiting, etc.) but you pointing out the silver lining to side effects made me smile. And you're right. It's much better this way than if there were no drugs to be offered. Thank you for brightening my outlook and my day. You're doing amazing work here and it's very much appreciated.

Justin

Hi Justin,

Keep smiling Justin. Many side effects are transient and resolve within 4 to 6 weeks. If yours are still bothersome after that, talk to your HIV specialist. Since this is your first regimen, you probably have many potential options. Certainly you can (and should) discuss your symptoms with him sooner, if the side effects are worsening or are not gradually improving over time. Just don't get discouraged. Things really will improve. I promise. Let's get through this together, OK buddy? Write back anytime if you need advice.

Dr. Bob, new pic looks great!!!!!!! :-)
feeling stoned