will procrit help me after my hot night with the fireman?

Hey Dr. Bob,

I heard you lecture last year when i took a friend who had AIDS to one of your educational seminars. You really made an impression on me even though I never thought i'd be writing to you for advice. I alwys considered myself the poster boy for safe sex. I'm a top and I always use condoms for anal sex. Well that was until......

OK here's the story. Broke up with my boyfriend last year. Wanted a new lover but was willing to settle for hot sex while interviewing potential candidates (you weren't available, since you have Dr. Steve!) So i meet this guy on line and he looks and sounds amazing --- plus he's a fireman (i've always dreamed of doing it with a fireman!) So he shows up and for once he actually looks even better than his online photo! He was pure heaven and built beyond belief. Damn he was hot hot hot!!!! So we start talking and he's smart, witty and charming. Next thing I know he's giving me the best blow job I've ever had (and let me tell you there has been some stff competition). So then he wants to go further, but he too is a topman. What else could I do? I put a condom on him (my last one) and rolled over. It was beyond amazing. Then the condom broke. He paused and asked if I had another one. I didn't. He offered to pull out and said "should we stop"? I was totally caught up in the moment and said "no --- keep going". When it was all over, we talked he told me he was "healthy" and I told him I was as well. He then told me had to go back home to his wife. Wife????? Isn't it always the way???? Now I'm worried. My doctor told me today I'm a bit anemic. Could this be HIV? Would procrit help me? Dr. Bob what's happened to me? Help! I haven't seen the fireman guy on line and have no way of reaching him --- i still dream about him and his hose!

What should I do?

Woody

Hello Woody,

What happened to you? Well, I'd say you lost your head, while getting head (and tailed).

Yeah, I know the fireman was hot OK, very hot, sizzling hot. Even if he is so hot that he wasn't just "Mr. November-Bare-Chested-Fireman", but has his own calendar, and even if there was enough electricity generated between the two of you to re-power the entire East Coast during a blackout, and even if his fireman's hose was so perfect that they should make a model of it to sell at Ecstatic Vibrations Sex Shop . . . Oh wait, you mean they already did??? Really? WOW! OK, stop trying to distract us Woody. Even if he was heaven on a stick, that stick needs to be latex-covered.

Unprotected receptive anal sex does place you at risk for STD's, including HIV, even from hot "healthy" married firemen. If he were confirmed to be HIV-positive, the probability of HIV transmission from one exposure would be 0.1-3 percent. Your risk is less, because we don't know the fireman's HIV status.

So what to do? Your anemia is not worrisome as a potential sign of ARS (acute retroviral syndrome).

Would Procrit help you? Procrit is remarkably effective in treating certain kinds of anemia, such as anemia associated with:

1. Chronic disease (like HIV). 2. Cancer chemotherapy. 3. AZT use.

However, I really do not believe these are potential causes for your "bit" of anemia.

Your doctor should evaluate the potential causes of your anemia and treat those causes when identified. For instance, your anemia might be due to a nutritional deficiency of iron, vitamin B12, or folate. The treatment would then be to supplement you with the deficient nutrient.

OK, back to the hot episode of "Woody and the online fireman". Your physician can screen you for common STD's, if you develop any symptoms. For HIV, you'll have to wait 3 months and then take an ELISA (antibody) test. The odds are very much in your favor that you have not contracted HIV from this "Fireman Fantasy cum true adventure". But, testing is still warranted.

Dreaming about him is fine, but if he makes another appearance, make sure his hose stays properly dressed for action.

Write back with your results in 3 months. (And include any more adventures if he does happen to check on your burning embers. Your story, I'm sure, has many of our readers purposefully setting off their home fire alarms just to see if he might show up!)

Good luck Woody.

bob you look great but i have to ask
10 and 20 years from now