Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

bob you look great but i have to ask
Nov 11, 2003

Dr. Bob,

You look great, but I have to know! Was there ever I time with the disease, when either someone looked at you funny, you looked ill, or you stopped yourself in the mirror and said "Well, hell i don't just look or I don't feel like myself."???

I myself seem to be in this condition.

Lebraund

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Lebraund,

Unfortunately far too many of us have had experiences like the ones you describe. Perhaps you could give me some additional details, and I could provide you with some suggestions. For instance, do you not feel like yourself because you are always tired? Or do you not look like yourself because of facial lipoatrophy?

Prior to getting my New-Fill injections, I was told by several security guards at international airports that I did not look like my passport photo. Looking back at old footage from TV interviews or photos from magazine articles, it's true. I resembled a Shar-Pei (the wrinkly-skinned dog)! Quality of life issues for people living with the virus, including appropriate evaluation and treatment of conditions like fatigue or lipodystrophy, continue to be an area of focus for me. Yes, for now, we have to learn how to cohabitate with HIV, as there is no cure. But, by being aggressive and involved in our own health decisions, we can minimize the virus's negative impact on not only the quantity, but also the quality of our lives.

Dr. Bob

Previous
I am so fatigued AND EVEN MORE ANGRY!!!!
Next
will procrit help me after my hot night with the fireman?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.