Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I am so fatigued AND EVEN MORE ANGRY!!!!
Nov 11, 2003

Dr. Bob,

I have to know how you do it. I am so fatigued with my situation and angry! It's like every day even if I feel good, I have to stop and get mad and wonder why me? If only there was hope for us, if only new meds would surface to revolutionize? I have hope, but each day when i come home i feel like not much changes, and MOST PEOPLE DONT CARE whether we die or live.

Mr. G

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Mr. G.,

Hope is the one thing the virus can't take from us. Although it's doubtful that new drugs will "surface to revolutionize," progress is slowly being made. A decade ago, when the virus found me, there were only 3 drugs available. Today, there are more than 20. However, as we all know, the drug arsenal simply isn't good enough. No one has been cured, and often the drugs can't be tolerated or they eventually fail. Your observation that MOST PEOPLE DON'T CARE is unfortunately true. Fear and denial have colluded to make the catastrophe seem far away and therefore, lacking in urgency. Nothing could be further from the truth. Use your anger effectively to reinvigorate the search for a cure, and demand treatment for those who need it. It's no secret that the current administration has not been friendly to AIDS, either for research or for programs that serve people living with the virus. Administrations can be changed. History shows us that a few people can make a vast difference. More people can make an even greater difference. Get involved Mr. G! Change will never happen without first finding the will and courage to make it happen. Focus your rage into constructive action.

Dr. Bob

Previous
low red blood cell & white cells
Next
bob you look great but i have to ask

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.