I am so fatigued AND EVEN MORE ANGRY!!!!

Dr. Bob,

I have to know how you do it. I am so fatigued with my situation and angry! It's like every day even if I feel good, I have to stop and get mad and wonder why me? If only there was hope for us, if only new meds would surface to revolutionize? I have hope, but each day when i come home i feel like not much changes, and MOST PEOPLE DONT CARE whether we die or live.

Mr. G

Hello Mr. G.,

Hope is the one thing the virus can't take from us. Although it's doubtful that new drugs will "surface to revolutionize," progress is slowly being made. A decade ago, when the virus found me, there were only 3 drugs available. Today, there are more than 20. However, as we all know, the drug arsenal simply isn't good enough. No one has been cured, and often the drugs can't be tolerated or they eventually fail. Your observation that MOST PEOPLE DON'T CARE is unfortunately true. Fear and denial have colluded to make the catastrophe seem far away and therefore, lacking in urgency. Nothing could be further from the truth. Use your anger effectively to reinvigorate the search for a cure, and demand treatment for those who need it. It's no secret that the current administration has not been friendly to AIDS, either for research or for programs that serve people living with the virus. Administrations can be changed. History shows us that a few people can make a vast difference. More people can make an even greater difference. Get involved Mr. G! Change will never happen without first finding the will and courage to make it happen. Focus your rage into constructive action.

low red blood cell & white cells
bob you look great but i have to ask