new-fill and now hiv poster boy!

Dr. Bob,

You look great in your new fill picture. You should post some pictures to the site so others can see how great you are doing with living with the virus. It really would encourage us all. Keep it up, hiv poster boy!

Thanks. I have shown before-and-after shots at many of my lectures over the past year when asked to discuss treatments for lipoatrophy. I remain very pleased with my results. Hopefully the FDA will approve this product for use in the US very soon. I'm also working to have insurance companies cover the costs of the product and the injections as an essential reconstructive procedure. They now consider it merely an elective cosmetic procedure. There is no doubt in my mind that facial lipoatrophy can be a socially and emotionally debilitating (as well as disfiguring) disorder. Sure, I'd be the poster boy or whatever it takes, but I really don't think I can compete with those Abercrombie & Fitch or Men's Health guys. And what about those guys in the International Male catalogue? (Then again, look at those dreadful fashions those poor guys have to wear!) Stay well.

How low is low?
NYTimes article on Procrit risks for people w/ cancer