Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

new-fill and now hiv poster boy!
Oct 22, 2003

Dr. Bob,

You look great in your new fill picture. You should post some pictures to the site so others can see how great you are doing with living with the virus. It really would encourage us all. Keep it up, hiv poster boy!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Thanks. I have shown before-and-after shots at many of my lectures over the past year when asked to discuss treatments for lipoatrophy. I remain very pleased with my results. Hopefully the FDA will approve this product for use in the US very soon. I'm also working to have insurance companies cover the costs of the product and the injections as an essential reconstructive procedure. They now consider it merely an elective cosmetic procedure. There is no doubt in my mind that facial lipoatrophy can be a socially and emotionally debilitating (as well as disfiguring) disorder. Sure, I'd be the poster boy or whatever it takes, but I really don't think I can compete with those Abercrombie & Fitch or Men's Health guys. And what about those guys in the International Male catalogue? (Then again, look at those dreadful fashions those poor guys have to wear!) Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
How low is low?
Next
NYTimes article on Procrit risks for people w/ cancer

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.