Anal play with no penetration

Dr. Bob. I have to say first that you're great, and an inspiration. My question / situation - what is the risk of hiv to a receiving man/woman if a man, potentially positive, rubs his penis along the butt crack and anus of someone, but with no penetration at all? I would assume there is pre-cum on the penis. Also, isn't there always the possibility that there is open sores around the anus? If so, are those mucous membranes in that area, or do those exist only inside the anus, and that's why penetration is important? What kind of worry should there be on the recipients part?

Frottage the production of sexual excitement by rubbing against someone without penetration is considered safe sex and therefore not a significant risk for HIV transmission. Think of it like FedEx or UPS. Just knocking on the door doesn't mean the package gets delivered, right? Delivery would require that the recipient open the door, accept the package, and even sign for it! Could there be extenuating circumstances? Sure, that's always a possibility. Anal fissures, bleeding hemorrhoids, etc. are possible. However, these conditions are usually painful and therefore a negative incentive for "fun friction" activities.

Viread side effects?
Concerned Wife