CDC JUST LAUGHED..DEPRESSED AND SUICIDAL!!

DR. BOB

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTION. HERE IS MY QUESTION...I LIVE IN A RECOVERY HOME WITH WOMEN. I BORROWED MY TWEEZERS TO A GIRL IN MY HOUSE. SHORTLY AFTER SHE WAS DONE USING THEM, I USED THEM. WHEN I USED I PULLED MY SKIN A COUPLE OF TIMES AND MADE MYSELF BLEED. WHAT IF SHE MADE HERSELF BLEED BEFORE I USED THEM?? I AM FREAKING OUT!! DO I NEED TO BE TESTED??PLEASE ANSWER!! PLEASE GIVE ME THE ADDRESS TO SEND A DONATION.

THANKS JULES

Jules,

First, HIV transmission questions need to be submitted to the Safe Sex/HIV Prevention Forum, not the Fatigue/Anemia Forum, OK?

Next, HIV from tweezers? What do you think your girlfriend used them for? Open-heart surgery? Even if she did, you have nothing to worry about. HIV does not survive very long at all outside the body. So unless the tweezers she returned to you were dripping warm fresh blood, relax! This is not a risk for HIV transmission.

One more thing, Jules: You don't "borrow" something to someone. You loan it. The other person" borrows" it from you. In this case, HIV was neither loaned, borrowed, given, nor received. OK? Dr. Bob

HIV, Thalassemia and anemia
Chemo and Anemia